LTC or Permitless Carry
Why would you want to get your License To Carry a handgun (LTC) when “constitutional carry” recently came into effect.
First, it is not constitutional carry. Constitutional carry is being able to carry a firearm with no restrictions, and there are plenty of restrictions. What we have is permit-less carry, with a lot of restrictions that are unknown to most people unless they have read the more than 30 pages that make up the law.
1) Alternative to background check when purchasing a gun – No calling ATF/FBI = NO DELAYS
2) Reciprocity – 30+ states recognize the Texas LTC
3) Public/Private schools (K-12) – Federal Felony without Texas LTC
4) College/University campuses – LTC holders can carry concealed
5) Hospitals, nursing homes, amusement parks
6) Parking lot carry
7) Voter ID
8) 30.05 signs do not apply
9) Government meetings
10) Secured areas of airport
11) 18-21 year olds in military
12) Cost effective